Published on Sunday July 10th, 2016 by Afrocks
Promoting Black Business: Calabash Of Culture Vegan Cafe in Sydenham, A Must-Go!
Whilst we are still waiting to officially launch Afrocks – our brand new website that will connect you with Natural Hair Stylist in Your Area (you can register to get notify when we launch) – and following our blog post on 26 freakin cool UK black owned businesses: here is a new episode! A quick video at the Calabash of Culture in Sydenham.
Back in May-June, when I was in what we call ‘Meeting your customers’ in the startup world (meaning talking with clients and stylists to get feedbacks), my routine was pretty much as follow:
– Waking up at 6am
– Checking emails, whatsApp, Twitter, Facebook…
– 9am: out out out! get out of your flat and talk to people! (I will tell you one day, maybe in another blog post, how I was giving out flyers in Shepherd’s Bush and how I got invited to church by 2 lovely ladies with beautiful Box Braids)
– Between 9am – 10pm travelling throughout London!
Needless to say that at some point during the day you just want to take a rest, open your laptop, check your emails and charge your phone. Well, I found the perfect spot: The Calabash of Culture in SYdenham, South-East London. It was so great that I decided to shoot a quick video to let the world know about how delicious the (vegan) food is!
- Afrocks Afro Business Interview – Aasiyah, Founder of The Renatural: “Versatility, ease and protection are the main reasons why black women wear wigs today”
- Sole Trader or Limited Company For Your Afro Hair Business: What Are The Big Differences?
- 14 Of The Best Afro Hair Products Your Natural Hair Will Fall In Love With